Friday, January 13, 2012

A reflection of the past year (on Friday the 13th bc I can)

So wow. It is 2012 now. That sounds silly. Quite a bit has happened in the past year, and I don't even know where to start.

Well, New Years Eve 2010 I was looking towards 2011 and I cursed it. I didn't know that everything that was looking to make 2011 bad would disappear, and I didn't know I would lose someone who was once a very good friend of mine.

At the beginning of 2011, Brian had decided that he was going to go into the Air Force. For me, it meant that he was going to leave, and I wouldn't count for anything, as that is how the military works. Girlfriends don't matter. It would be years before I would be allowed to be with him, and that made my New Year last year a sad one. Shortly after, we talked over all of the options (over pizza since it is the best food ever), and decided that marriage was the best option, considering that if he left, I would have to follow him because I refused to spend my life without him.

So began the most HECTIC and CRAZY time of my life. I started planning my wedding, something that we originally decided was going to be a small little thing, just a courthouse wedding with an awesome party afterward. And then I told my grandmother that I was engaged and we wanted to get married in July. That..... well it didn't exactly make it so things turned out the way we planned, but things worked out wonderfully anyway.

We lost Billy, and I regret not being able to answer my cousin's call when he said that they were going out because Billy was sick again.

Not long before the wedding, my friends got in a fight, one of the couples in the bridal party broke up, and my mother was doing her normal crazy control stuff and threatening to not be at my wedding. We made it through those alright without too much loss, apart from I had to pick a new maid of honor, and a friend became someone in the list of people I don't trust.

We moved into our apartment, I worked at Circle K until I couldn't stand it anymore and got a job at a telemarketing place, and every day fell more in love with my husband, even when we fight about stupid stuff. Every day I look at him, and I see one more thing that I love about him; how he freaks out when I drive in the snow, how he makes sure that we're both covered through the night (since I steal the covers from him all the time he makes sure there are 2 comforters on the bed), how he looks at me as though I'm the most beautiful person that there ever was.

I see these things each day and smile. I've done pretty well this year. Here is to our first full year of marriage, that it gets even more beautiful each day, and survives every crazy obstacle in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment